Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Review: Blood Reaction A Vampire Novel by DL Atha

First I would like to say that for a first novel, this was really pretty good. It starts a bit slow, and there were several places in the beginning I really wanted an editors red pen. I blame that on my OCD literary heart. Now for the good news! The story became much more captivating as I continued to read. Also good was that the holes in the story became less and less. I will definitely be looking forward to reading more from this author, and can't wait to see how she matures as a writer.

We see through Annalice's eyes as she goes through the terrifying experience of being held hostage by a soulless vampire. Held by threat to her daughters life, Annalice must must come to terms with her rage at being helpless, protect the vampire to keep her daughter safe, and deal with her feelings toward her captor. Being a Doctor she has her own ideas about his condition and what she must do to stop him from hurting anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment